Deep Fried Twinkies
1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup corn flour
A pinch of baking soda
Milk or beer
Oil for deep frying
1. Chill the twinkie by keeping it in the fridge, but don't freeze it.
2. Mix the flours and baking soda together.
3. Add milk (traditional) or beer (which gives a lighter result) until you get a batter with the consistency of thin cream.
4. Heat the oil until a small piece of bread will brown in a few seconds, but don't allow to smoke.
5. Remove twinkie from freezer. Coat completely in batter. Carefully lower into hot oil and fry until golden brown.