You can download or subscribe to the podcast:
- Podcast: 03/30/15 - DuPage Medical Group doctors make house calls, via Skype
- Podcast: 03/20/15 - Ravinia President & CEO Welz Kauffman discusses the upcoming season
- Podcast: 03/09/15 - Chicago Crime Lab and Urban Education Lab are making a difference
- Podcast: 03/02/15 - College Illinois!
- Podcast: 02/26/15 - Heart health and The 606!
- Podcast: 02/16/15 - Neighbor helping neighbor. Posh Tots Resale is holding its big consignment sale in Mount Prospect the weekend of February 27th, proceeds benefit Northwest Compass, a social services agency serving 23 communities in the northwest suburbs.
- Podcast: 02/09/15 - Leena Salah of the Chicago Alliance Against Sexual Explotation explains what the organization is doing to help the vicitms of Chicago's sex trade, mainly women and children, and to curb business
- Podcast: 02/02/15 - Time to get off the white stuff- sugar! Fitness and nutrition expert JJ Virgin discusses hidden sugars in our food that could be keeping us from losing weight.
- Podcast: 12/23/14 - Jim Barry, the Digital Answerman for the Consumer Electronics Association, discusses the latest gadgets and tech toys we'll find under the tree this year
- Podcast: 11/24/14 - Feeding hungry families. Julie Yurko, President and CEO of the Northern Illinois Food Bank, explains how they do it over the holidays, and every day
- Podcast: 11/17/14 - Ann Wohlberg of Little Brothers Friends of the Elderly describes how the organization helps Chicago seniors avoid isolation and lonliness during the holidays and all year long
- Podcast: 11/10/14 - Dave Hinman, Senior VP at Fifth Third Bank, talks about the big Veteran's Day event at Chicago's Union Station that includes a job fair, a fundraiser for Folds of Honor, and a ceremony saluting all those who have served in the military
- Podcast: 11/03/14 - Two experts discuss the ins and outs of international adoption. They are Cristina Schaff of the non- profit America World Adoption, and suburban dad Steve McKenzie who has six kids including two by adoption from Ethiopia
- Podcast: 10/27/14 - The Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago. The RIC's Derek Daniels and former patient Adam Finney discuss why it's the best in the nation and why people are excited about the upcoming Skyrise Chicago stair climb at Willis Tower
- Podcast: 10/22/14 - You may have seen her on Naked & Afraid, now adverturer Alison Teal wants all of us to go exploring
- Podcast: 10/13/14 - A suburban family is reaching out, trying to help others through the Jordan Filler Foundation, created after the 23 year old passed away from a herion overdose
- Podcast: 10/06/14 - Whether you're training for the Chicago marathon or just getting started, Dr. Carrie Jaworski of NorthShore Orthopaedic Institute covers the do's and don'ts of running
- Podcast: 09/29/14 - You can be better at math, and test- taking, and problem solving by simply using your brain's natural ability says Dr. Barbara Oakley, who flunked algebra but went on to become a college professor of engineering.
- Podcast: 09/15/14 - A conversation about suicide and the upcoming Out of the Darkness Walk with two suriviors of suicide, Erika Barber and Dr. Edmond Yomtoob
- Podcast: 09/08/14 - Northwestern researcher Dr. Lisa Wolfe and local mother Cherie Lawson discuss the rare, sneaky disorder that is mitochondrial disease.
- Podcast: 08/25/14 - Toddlers and ADHD. Licensed clinical therapist, teacher, and mom Donna Mac discusses typical toddler behavior and when parents should be concerned
- Podcast: 08/18/14 - The Airport Watch Program is a chance for airplane enthusiasts to help the Bensenville Police Department with additional eyes and ears around O'Hare International.
- Podcast: 08/12/14 - Teaching our tech saavy kids basic social skills
- Podcast: 07/21/14 - Concealed carry. Two experts in gun safety and education, Valerie Davis and Raimond Pavely, explain what concealed carry means for all of us.
- Podcast: 07/14/14 - Everybody in the pool. Olympic gold medal swimmer Lenny Krayzelburg is on a mission to teach everyone water safety and how to swim
- Podcast: 07/07/14 - Neli Vazquez Rowland of A Safe Haven
TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE MIX MATTERS PODCAST:
You can have the MIX Matters podcast uploaded automatically to your iPod or MP3 player by subscribing to our RSS feed. All you have to do is set up the feed once, and then your computer can go and fetch it every weekday. Again, this is for more than just iPod owners, anyone with an MP3 player can access this content.
How do you do it?
You'll need some "stuff," all of which will cost you nothing. First, you need an RSS Feeder. That's a software program that lets you subscribe to feeds offered by websites. For podcasts, we suggest you download FeedDemon, though you can also use another applications. The website for FeedDemon offers more explanation.
Once you have downloaded and installed FeedDemon, or another audio RSS feed reader, simply copy and paste the url below into the subscriptions window of your podcast client.:
You'll then be subscribed and the audio will begin downloading.
Still confused? You can read up about audio RSS feeds at Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podcasting.